Sign up for a CyVerse account
A key feature of CyVerse cyberinfrastructure is that one set of credentials (your CyVerse username and password) connect you to all CyVerse platforms.
Note: During the transition from iPlant Collaborative to CyVerse, you will see platforms independently being updated with new logos and color schemes. No actions are required on your part; these changes will not alter system functionalities.
Sign up from user portal
- Visit the user portal at: http://user.iplantcollaborative.org/
- Register for a CyVerse account
- Check your email for an account confirmation link and follow the confirmation instructions.
Tips: - Register using your .edu, .org, or .gov email address (access to some platforms may be restricted for non-institutional users).
- Choose a short, easy-to-remember username. Username must be lowercase and have at least 3 characters. First character must be a lowercase letter. May only contain lowercase letters, numbers, dashes and underscores (_).
- Choose a very secure password. Never give this password to anyone.
- Students can and should create their own accounts.
Requesting access to additional CyVerse platforms and services
The services listed below require you to request access. Don't worry if you are undecided—you can request access now, or at any time.
- Atmosphere - The CyVerse cloud platform where you can create custom Linux-based virtual machines or use existing ones (your account must be linked to an .edu email address to register).
- Bisque - A platform for managing images and their metadata that allows you to analyze image data in more than 100 file formats.
- CoGe - The Comparative Genomics platform gives you access to thousands of genomes and a variety of tools for genome analysis.
- DNA Subway- DNA Subway makes high-level genome analysis broadly available to students and educators, and provides easy access to the types of data and informatics tools that drive modern biology. Using the intuitive metaphor of a subway map, DNA Subway organizes research-grade bioinformatics analysis tools into logical workflows and presents them in an appealing interface.
- TARGeT - An advanced pipeline for the detection of transposable elements.